how to get this 1999 acura 3.5rl running again

Asked by Sep 24, 2014 at 08:07 PM about the 1999 Acura RL 3.5L

my uncle gave me his 1999 acura 3.5rl but it has been sitting in a garage for about 4-5
years. There besides cleaning all the cobwebs what should i do to get it running again ?

11,180

you have a bit to do! first of all, I wouldn't even try with that fuel that's in there. would be a good idea to drain the fuel out best you can, install a new fuel filter and put fresh fuel in the tank. Make sure the battery is charged, check the oil and coolant. At this point you could give it a try. It may need a few tries or even some carb cleaner used like starting fluid. If it doesn't start you will need to check for spark and fuel delivery. If the car was running when parked it shouldn't be too much trouble. Once you get her going, change all the fluids and do a cooling system flush. A full tune up wouldn't be a bad idea either. Good Luck!