my fiero was running fine. I had just changed the rotors and brakes now it wont turn over.

Asked by Feb 27, 2017 at 05:46 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

my fiero was running fine. I had just changed the rotors and brakes pads. now it wont turn over. I replaced the starter and battery and still just a click when i turn the key. I have checked the voltages between the two bat terminals, they are at 12.53, when I check the voltage between the + and the block it changes to 12.43. any body know what this could be?

1,635

Check your grounds, I had a similar issue occur (it was with a different car, though). I had to clean the grounds on the car with a wire brush.

Ok, Any other suggestions. I replaced both the ground cable and the hot. same thing just click, click, click, when I turn the key. when I get under and try to jump the starter all I get is the same click. The motor is not frozen. I can turn it with the crank bolt on the dampener.

1,635

Time to check the battery and the starter. sorry for the basic suggestions. The voltage is a little low for my liking being that you should see ~13.5 at those locations. (I feel like you have an issue with your starter, honestly)

I put my charger on it and brought the voltage up to 15.25 and still nothing. I am thinking you are correct with it being the starter. I'm going to pull it back out tomorrow and have it tested. unfortunately it is brand new(not a rebuild). But as with all manufacturing there sometimes are lemons.