Car Cranks wont start only with starting fluid

20

Asked by Jan 25, 2015 at 09:47 AM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

CAR has been sitting for over a year it started quickly before. Now it cranks no fuel will run with starter fluid then cut off. I cannot hear the fuel pump comming on. also put in 5 fresh gallons of fuel with injctor cleaner I have chiltons and hayes manauals waste of money. trying to find relay it shows 3 relays together  on firewall but there are only 2 on mine one is white need to find how to test befrore replaceing fuel pump thanks

11,360

There are some very good youtube videos on how to test relays. you will need a multi-meter for this. you can also swap them for other relays in the car that are non essential for starting, like a headlight relay, or any of the relays that are the same as the one you suspect is bad.