will not stay running

20

Asked by May 11, 2014 at 02:08 AM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

car starts, run's 3 or 4 seconds then quits and it restarts runs 3 or 4 seconds

175

In those old fieros its important to have a good plugs wires etc. Do a high dollar tune up and change the fuel filter also check the air intake this ethanol fuel is hell on those old fuel injected cars check the pcv valve or idle air control valve

20

Thanks, I forgot about the fuel filter,

70

do not forget the cold start injector (you have seven of them remember..).. Just sayin'... clean them all with a ultrasonic cleaner (thing your wife cleans her jewelry in and buzzes).