my 1986 Fiero has been sitting for 10 years and I am trying to get it started.

40

Asked by Oct 06, 2013 at 07:22 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

my 1986 Fiero has been sitting for 10 years and I am trying to get it started. It turns over, but just doesn't want to start. I am not much of a mechanic, so how do I determine where the fuel injector is?

293,885

Did you drain the gas and add new? 10 years is a long time and water condensates in the tank , maybe there is sludge and rust. Check for fuel pressure, maybe the pump is dead....http://classiccars.about.com/od/maintenancetips/ss/StartStoredCar.htm

40

What is the best way to empty the tank?

10

Test the fuel pump for operation.. Replacing pump takes about 6 hours. Well that's how long it took me on my driveway with 2 person team.

70

there are seven injectors.. one for each cylinder and one for cold start. check the one on the front of engine under the intake manifold left side to see if spraying.. other six are under the gas manifold between the upper manifold and the lower manifold. After 10 years, I would take them all out and have them cleaned in a ultrasonic cleaner. Reinstall them and put in some dielectric compound in the connectors to keep them from corroding.. try that and see what you have.