the distributor base on my 86 fiero is loose

5

Asked by May 12, 2015 at 09:45 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero Sport

the whole distributor and cap are fine, but the base is loose and causes the cap to jiggle
while the engine is on therefore makes the engine misfire. any way to tighten it? i cant
find any way to fasten it or bolt the base down.

66,145

There's supposed to be a clamp that looks like a horseshoe that holds the distributor down. Looks like this. HTH. -Jim

60

if the base clamp (see previous post) is tight, you might want to take it off and see if the shaft inside the dist is bent which will look like the cap part is wobbleing. you can take the cap off and turn the shaft by hand once you remove it and observe if it looks like it has been bent inside thetube by observing the rotor end of it. look close and if you see loose screws, tighten those dudes down under the cap... see if that helps any.