Pontiac Fiero Indy 500

120

Asked by Oct 30, 2016 at 07:05 PM about the 1984 Pontiac Fiero SE or Indy

A buddy of mine is giving me a Indy Fiero anybody
know anything about this or how rare it might be
it's in pretty good shape only has 60 thousand on it
the interior looks like brand new car very cool white
and red leather and Indy 500 logos everywhere

246,725

According to this article, 2000 were produced....http://www.indypacecars.com/1984.html

246,725

There is one for sale on eBay with 3500 miles for $19,400

68,635

Contact Allied Vaughn. They have a website. If your VIN is available you can get a copy of the original factory to dealer invoice for $50. This will authenticate your Fiero as one of the 2000 pace car models. One question, why is your friend giving the car away? It has a title and everything, right? HTH. -Jim

120

Yeah it has a title as far as paperwork and everything it's legit but it would be good to get it authenticated and it's been sitting for 10 years the motor is locked up I looked him up with a sweet deal on a Corvette so he just gave it to me I'll post pics

120

Here's pic #1

68,635

Awesome!! Sounds great!! Yes, yes, pictures please!! To try to free up the motor, remove the spark plugs and fill (yes fill) up the cylinders with Marvel's Mystery Oil. Let it sit for about 2 weeks. Then try to begin turning the engine by hand using the crankshaft pulley (spark plugs still removed). HTH. -Jim

120

Pic#2

120

Pic#3

120

Pic#4

120

Pic#5

120

Pic#6

120

Pic#7

120

Pic#8

120

That is my dad in some of the pics as you can see paint is good all around except the hood in that looks like it will clean off good it sat under a tarp for 10 years they said when they parked it there was nothing wrong with it also its had transmission fluid in all 4 cylinders topped off for about 2 weeks as far as I know all the electrics work I'm assuming but I haven't put a battery in it it looks like it still has the original battery which is way dead underneath the car doesn't look too bad very minimal rust on the undercarriage which is to be expected with a car this old the interior looks practically brand new what do you think this car is worth in running condition

120

Oh and the odometer reads less than 60 LOL as you can see

68,635

NICE CAR!! Talk about a time capsule!! That's really awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! You can also Carfax it to see how many previous owners, etc. Entries made before 1994 are spotty though. In fact, our local Chevy Dealer didn't start reporting to Carfax until January of 2000. On the Carfax for my '93 Caprice it shows when I bought it in October of 1993, then nothing until 2000. So keep that in mind. Best of luck with this treasure!! Keep us posted on your progress!! -Jim

120

Will do thank you