how to add a review to a dealership I went to off this site

Asked by Dec 28, 2013 at 04:34 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

I called the dealer and asked very specific questions on the condition of the vehicle in question, 2002 Corvette.  I asked about the body, paint condition, interior condition, if anything needed to be fixed, how the top looked/worked, etc.  I was told that the paint was a 9 out of 10 and the interior too.  No scratches, or dings and only the console lid needed to be replaced, the top was in excellent condition and worked.  I drove 215miles to get to this dealership and just walking up to the car I knew I wasn't going to buy it.  The paint was a 5-6 out of ten, scratches all over and the right passenger front panel was gouged and the paint off where you couldn't even open the door to get in. The drivers side door fell out and down slightly when opened too. The interior was filthy like a bunch of teenagers took it on a cross country road trip.  Goo on the doors, in between the seats and black sludge in the ashtray and cup holders.  The carpet on the passenger side was not secured.  The handles were missing on almost everything.  Dust and leaves all in and over the car. To top it all off, we decided to test drive it just to see how a 2002 with 350HP felt like and 1/3 mile down the road we overheated and lost power.  We barely made it back to the car lot to let them know we would not be taking this car and they had the gall to ask what we did to it and why we drove it overheating.  We then asked for our $1000.00 deposit to be put back on our Discover card and they said they would take care of it later in the day so I called my CC Co. and they stated not to leave the lot until we had a receipt stating we received our credit, so we went back to ask for it and was given a hard time and had to wait until they were done talking to another customer.  I am never trusting a dealership again.

112,315

If you contacted the dealer through CarGurus, you will receive a message within 7 days asking for your review. Please follow the link on the email to write your review.

2,155

$1000.00 deposit for a test drive? Wow, never heard of that. I do know usually the dealer will go will you for the test drive.