Loud radiator fan

10

Asked by Aug 07, 2013 at 10:34 PM about the 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium

I currently own a 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. I'be noticed my radiator fan is loud.
The fan kicks on high speed after driving for about 20 minutes and will not shut off until
I let the car cool for a while and the cycle continues. There are no check engine lights
and the car temperature sits a little over halfway when the fan kicks on full speed. I took
the car to the dealership and there response was "There's nothing wrong with the fan or
circuits, it's just loud." Has anyone had a similar issue with the same model? Any
suggestions?

217,165

Maybe the bearing in the fan itself?

22,485

Could be Tom. It sounds (no pun intended) like the fan is operating normally. I've seen them vibrate and make a loud "hum" you can hear in the passenger's compartment and feel on the fender. We change out a lot of them in our fleet - probably 3 a month. I recommend changing the module too (Small metal box attached to the fan with electrical connectors).