Stiff ride

5

Asked by Jul 21, 2015 at 09:22 PM about the 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature

OK, so i got the car. 2007 Signature.  One thing I noticed that the ride is stiffer than my
2003 TC.  Is this a common thing or is it something i can have checked out.   It has air
springs (switch in trunk) and the diagnostics on dash say it is on or off.  any suggestions?
I like the "jurassic park" test where you see if the water in a cup ripples.  mine does.  

The dealer said he turned the rotors (which i saw) and balanced the tires (which i did not
see)  any advice?

28,615

Judagar, I recall that this car has 37,000 miles. Could it have the original tires? Probably not, but, how old are the tires on your car? Hard to believe you have any suspension or shock problems on this car, which makes me suspect the tires are out of balance or rotation.

5

they are fairly new Michelin Defenders (same as on my 2003 TC) They have 8/32 tread depth. I think they are out of balance as well.

28,615

Yes, out of balance can be a problem. Please mark my previous answer helpful.

28,615

I'm a little surprised that they didn't balance these ahead of time. The little old lady you purchased it from was not auto savvy or didn't have the best mechanic. It's completely unprofessional not to balance new tires. Thinking how little she drove that car, it's probably hard to tell when she bought them unless she gave you all the receipts for the car's maintenance. Did she do that?

28,615

JUDAGAR - do you mind telling us what you paid for this creampuff?

66,695

Nice car, enjoy it!

66,695

Oh, air ride on these is either on or off. If the air suspension light is illuminated on the dash the system is either switched off or there is a problem with it.

5

10K

5

The dealer had cleaned all the paperwork out of the car. However, I did discover that the family had to sell the car because the lady couldn't drive it anymore. (I understand that. Same thing couldd with my mom) i'm going to assume that tires are due rotation and balance and even though the deal said he was doing that, that it was not done. I was watching service through a window but the Open was on so I didn't see balance part. Mechanics in the back seemed pretty disorganized... surprise! I'm going to take to local Lincoln dealer (there is a recall on steering column) and have them spun there. Guys there are great. BTW, gas mileage on trip is between 23-24 and with four in the car it's pretty good cost average. Keep that advice coming! Glad I found this page!!!!