My 2007 Lincoln Towncar deck lid release, door lock open & close switches don't work and interior lights don't light when to door is opened. Any suggestions on what the problem is?

Asked by Jul 18, 2015 at 08:39 AM about the 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature

My door lock switches and rear deck lid switches don't work.  The key fob button do not
function.  The interior lights don't light when the door is opened.  The appilcable fuses are
ok.  Any suggestions?

80

I have the same problem with my 2004 LTC. It is a defective Body Control Module (also called the Door Control Module) and it controls the trunk release, the fob buttons, the keypad, the door locks, and, perhaps, a window or two. Mine started acting freaky over a period of a couple of months. I noticed the auto-locking feature of the door locks wasn't engaging as we hit 5mph. Then, no response from the Key FOB. Then no trunk release from the panel button... then no door locks from the switch. I don't know if it developed a short and fried itself - or what, but the dealer says it will cost about $900-$1000 to replace and reprogram - and the unit MUST be reprogrammed by the proper SCAN tool and setup for your VIN. Fortunately my physical key still works. Good Luck in resolving your BCM issue!

Best Answer