DASH LIGHTS GO OUT

10

Asked by Mar 24, 2015 at 03:24 PM about the 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature

HI.  I have a 2007 Lincoln Town Car and the rpm, gas, temp and speedometer needles go to 0 and the dash board lights go out. I am getting no warning/error messages other than occasionally it did say check air suspension.  Would a problem with the air suspension really cause the needles to go down and the dash lights to go out? New battery and alternator have been installed as we thought that was the issue. Thanks for your assistance.

160

I am having the exact same issue with my 2006 TC. As the dash powers back up after two-to-ten minutes of down time, it reboots low fuel and other warnings then back to normal within ~ 3 seconds. Dash always comes up at start, but can fail in the first several minutes, or not at all in a 50 mile day. Expert thoughts, or SWAGs, greatly appreciated.

155

My 2006 TC 18 month-old battery died. I charged it and started the car. With 3/4 tank of gas,the fuel gauge went to empty, temperature gauge pegged at cold.. Digital readout said I had 9 miles before empty. Drove around for about 20 minutes and the gauges and readout slowly came back to normal. Took the car to the dealer who said it's normal for the gauges and readout to go nuts after the battery has gone dead. They blame the battery and are replacing it.The car is still in the shop for other problems. Your problem might be a defective battery, even if it's fairly new. I hope to pick up my TC in a day or so and will ask some questions.

10

New battery and alternator installed by dealer. Still having the gauge and dash lights problem. Car runs fine other than that but annoying to see this happen.

155

Follow up to my answer of a couple of weeks ago: In my case, the 18- month old battery was found defective and replaced with a new one for free since the failed battery was less than 36 months old as promised in the battery warranty. All gauges, systems, etc., have returned to normal. Sorry I don't have a useful answer for you.

155

tomali1@verizon.net

2006 TC owner. Drove fine on original battery until alternator gave out. Replaced with rebuilt at same amperage (130 amps I believe). Replaced with sears die hard and I am still getting dim lights at start and alternator light coming on. My research seems to point to the voltage regulator in the Alternator? Time for a brand new alternator? Love the car but I need to depend on it. Thanks!

I have a 2007 Lincoln Town car Executive L. I have the same problem, my dash goes out about 8 minutes after I start it. I recently took my car to a mechanic and although not for this problem. The problem started about 3 weeks after I took it to him, the battery light was on but my charging system was fine. He did tell me that although my alternator was charging the system, the regulator in it was bad and would cause the battery light to illuminate. I wonder if you change the alternator, all the dash problems would disappear

155

In the last four years I've had two bad batteries go bad in my 2006 TC. Not completely dead, just weak. Both times the battery was defective and caused weird things. After cranking the engine the needles on the speedo and tach dipped below zero, then returned to normal. Also, even with the seatbelt on, the chime would come on to signal the belts were not in use. The chimes dinged and quit after a while. The battery was found to take only a low charge. A new batt did the trick and the dash returned to normal and no more fake seatbelt warning chimes. I've learned to have the battery checked when the wieird things happen.