Transmission trouble?

15

Asked by Aug 12, 2008 at 07:37 PM about the 2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S

Whenever i'm in auto, and it shifts from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, it's very "chuggy" and uncomfortable to drive. Is this a problem or is this normal? I've heard the CL has defective trannys'

85

need to change ATF, ( automatic transmission Fluid )

change filter and fluid,should hold 41/2 to 5 qurts of fluid,check owners manual for type of fluid.

ya the tranny's in the auto cl's are known not to be any good best bet is to try changing the fluid and see what happens

45

The TL and the CL unfortunately were known for their bad transmissions these years. I worked at an Acura dealership and they actually had a recall on them for the transmissions. You can try changing the fluid and filter but I personally don't think it's going to help out at all. At the dealer we would just replace the transmission. Call your local dealer and see what they suggest, if it's never been in for the recall, you might get lucky and they might help you out.

15

i had the same problem. i changed the transmission fluid and it made it worse. i went through hell backwards to change the filter and that didnt do jack shit either. i recently rebuilt my tranny for about 1800 bucks and its been smooth sailing

My 2001 cl had 2 trannys put in it when it was only 5yrs old since then smooth sailing just did timming belt , water pump service car has just turned 100k and is in great shape inside and out hopefully would like to keep it for another 10 yrs just keep it well maintained and you will get your moneys worth out of this car acuras are awsum