What oil dose it run on

Asked by Jan 02, 2008 at 01:03 PM about the 2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Coupe

i would see what manual said about this.is anything wrote on cap.if not i would say a good synthetic oil like castroil 5 w 30 ,but it is really up to you.

44,575

Most of the newer import vehicles use synthetic 0W30 or 0W40. I would definitely consult the manual for the proper oil viscosity.

25

Mobile 1, baby!!!

165

I really hope if you paid $200k for a Ferrari you take it to the dealer to do the oil,versus trying to save a buck doing it yourself. If you do NOT have a Ferrari and you have a Ford, Honda, BMW, etc... DO NOT USE THE SAME OIL AS WHAT YOU WOULD USE IN SAID FERRARI!!! You will burn that motor up. If you run the oil for a FORD, Honda, or BMW would be bad in a Ferrari... I would venture a guess it would fry the motor up since the heavier weight would be thicker and clog the Ferrari and cause it to burn up...

15

you must use a special developed oil by ferrari, syntetic 5-30w or the waranty becomes void. in fact most hand-made cars are that way, you cant even change the plugs unless you are a licensed ferrari mechanic, once you crack the seal on any of the bolts or plugs they have to be replace again in order to clasify it as original.

35

ferrari has its own oil and i am 95% sure that the oil is 5-0w40 check my note at facebook

1,115

well my response is gonna be different... so here goes... the only thing i found for the 599 was a guy who services a enzo which is the same engine... He says they run a ferrari synthetic (which is just mobil 1 full synthetic mixed with a oil stabilizer and put in a red bottle with a 120$ price tag... the viscosity on the oil for that is 15w50... now that being said the F430 uses a simple 5w30 or a 0w30 fully synthetic Q High performance oil (enriched synthetic oil with a oil stabilizer) finally the 360 just uses 5w30 just like you would use in a vette... Ferrari engines are high compression so thats why they are so touchy... that also makes me wonder about the 15w50... either way you paid a lot of money for this car so you should go get the oil from them and get a lesson on how to change your oil if you want to learn how to do it yourself... I think its great to have a ferrari guy that wants to work on his (or her) own car... The filters will be a bitch to find and im sure there will be at least 2 of them... I would guess that your total oil change will cost you 250 dollars at the bare minimum just for the oil and filters... make sure you buy yourself a set of progressive ramps so you get the car up in the air enough to do the change...