windows, radio , the interan fuse box don not have power

20

Asked by Sep 17, 2016 at 07:14 AM about the 2007 Kia Sportage LX

Hi , I had an issue with my blower. the wire was loose under the main fuse box . when I tried to open the fuse box to fix that wire , I noticed that my windows , radio, keys lock and whole internal fuse do not have power. apparently something happen to the main power feed of that internal fuse box when I opened the hood fuse box to fix the blower. my question how do I know which circuit / wire  is feeding the internal fuse box?

10,210

Look for loose connection or burned wires. The bigger wire and it goes to a circuit breaker under the hood.

20

I found it and it was disconnected from the main ( hood) fuse box. I ran a wire from the Battery + to this wire (that I found disconnected) and everything started to work again ( windows, locks, radio, etc) . Now since I have no wiring diagram, does this wire that feeds the internal fuse box needs to be fused . and if yes what size of fuse I should use. I'm thinking to use an external fuse block since I do not want to open the hood fuse box again and even I want to open it, it is going to be hard to put this wire back to it's terminal block. If anyone has a wiring diagram or advise on this, it would be great. Thanks everyone..

10,210

Like in your house the interior fuse breaker panel has the electrical components separated and fused each. On the exterior of house is a breaker box with the (mains) breakers/fuses and these are broken into fewer groups handling larger loads, while all components are fused individually threw the interior fuse block "if" something goes wrong that the interior fuse breaker box can not stop the exterior circuit breaker (Under Hood) is the back up main protection and throws the breaker and turns the power off. As long as its all set up as stock there is no need for another (main), which is the purpose of the under the hood panel box.

20

I really appreciate the help. I agree with you 100%; maybe I did not explain myself right. I did not want to touch the exterior hood fuse box; therefore I was asking if anyone knows what is the fuse size I need to install as a back up in the main hood and then connect the other end of this fuse holder to the interior fuse box. What I did: I ran that loose wire directly from the battery to the interior fuse box, so in this case I just have a fuse protection in the interior box and there is no back up fuse protection in the hood. If I would have known the back up fuse size I would have run a wire to a fuse holder ( right now the fuse size is unknown) and from the other side of the fuse holder I would connect the loose wire I found that feeds the interior fuse box. thank you

10,210

They are or can be the copper plated or solid strips with to holes one each end that mount to the under the hood circuit block which they are about 2-3 inches long and thinner in the middle. I had one break one time and was not able to get to the auto parts store and used piece of house wiring solid wire but I did have a circuit breaker spot in the block under hood, I just took a look at my 98 f150 and under the hood I have some empty places in the block and the others are filled with the giant push in fuses that look like the ones under dash just way bigger and most are 50amp , may can see which you have already and see if you can add it there too.