AC problems...related to the control module.

5

Asked by Sep 01, 2013 at 10:09 PM about the 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Okie dokie...
I was driving down the road and I started smelling a burning smell coming from my
ac... smell went on for about 3 days then all of a sudden my ac studders and goes off.  
Brought it to the shop and the compressor gets cold, fan kicks on, all led lights and
controls are working except the air isnt blowing. No ac, no defrost, no heat...
Brought it to somewhere else and they showed me that the "engine control wire
harness" was burnt. I say this with the quotes because Im not 100% sure if thats the
proper name for it or not. I remember the guy telling me that but he spoke so fast and it
was hard to understand him.
Anyways...the wire harness is burnt. All together the 3 parts cost $529 from Gerry
Lane.
To make sure we are on the same page... the wire connector is a 3 prong connector in
the control module under the dash of the passenger seat. I believe I need a wire
harness, blower, and control module.
Questions:
Where can i get a used part for cheaper?
What is the proper names/part numbers for these 3 parts?
Any other tips/info?
Please and Thank You!!!

236,785

Might be hard to find the exact parts you need with a full description and the fact Saab parts are getting harder to find. The parts you listed for aftermarket are probably close to $200 without markup. Add 2-3 hours of labor for diagnostics and ripping the dash apart , the price doesn't seem out of line.

5

That was just the quote on only parts. I already have the dash taken apart and control module exposed. I could actually do the work myself. There has got to be a way to find thoes particular parts for a cheaper price...I just dont know where or the part numbers.