How to pair phone with bluetooth on Saab 2007 93?

50

Asked by Aug 02, 2013 at 04:25 PM about the 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I have tried holding down the green phone button. Nothing happens.

25,205

Don't forget to check your cell phone itself as well to make sure that the Bluetooth setting is activated (I know this sounds obvious, but can be sometimes overlooked). Your Owner's Manual should give you step-by-step instructions on how to pair your phone. Although this YouTube Video is for a newer 2010 Saab 9-3, the directions are likely the same or similar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0hf-hT-woI

50

Thanks for your help! However, the 07 doesn't have as many menu options on dash. My phone bluetooth is on, and I read to hold down the talk button on steering wheel to pair. It's not working, and it's not in the manual. Thanks for trying! So--anyone else?

275

We previously had a 2008 9-3 AeroXWD and Bluetooth was not available in the vehicle. SAAB did not put Bluetooth in the vehicles until 2010. That is why you cannot get it to pair and why there is no info in the manual.

25,205

Well there you go @ pamel. Mystery solved thanks to Viggen1. Looks like you may have to consider alternatives like a stand alone Bluetooth Car Kit (there are several options available on Amazon.com or eBay)...Here's one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-FREEWAY-Bluetooth- Speakerphone-Packaging/dp/B004XZHY34/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

50

Thanks, Viggen1! Yes, I found that our pretty soon. Funny that they left the phone button on the wheel. A specialist dealer said it was a European option. I have a visor bluetooth. Still, I love this car!

60

Hi, I know this post is a bit old but I've just bought a 2007 Saab 1.9 TID Sportswagon Anniversary at that's hooked up to my LG 3 via bluetooth! I had to muck on a bit but it's working spot on now. I have the touch screen Sat Nav version in my car. If anyone is having any bother just let me know, I think I can remember how I did it! (:

30

lsudsy, how you did this? I have 2007 saab 9-3 too. When I say command "help" the speech synthesizer says me nothing about phone or bluetooth (says I can use commands like, 'navigation', 'radio', 'cd', 'settings')

30

In a 2007 Saab 9-3 it is easy to check whether you have Bluetooth. Use the up/down buttons on the LHS of the steering wheel. If Phone appears as one of the items you have Bluetooth. To pair the phone continue with the up/down buttons until Settings appear. Press and hold Settings (middle button) until the menu changes. Scroll up/down again until Phone Settings appear and again press and hold Settings again. Use the up/down button to check whether Bluetooth is switched on - it defaults to off. Then go to Select Device>New which makes the car discoverable. Go to Bluetooth menu on your phone and select UHP as the device and pair - password is 0000. If you then exit the menu and go back to Phone in the original menu you should now see your phone in the dsplay

PhilKnowles, I have a 08 Saab 93 aero. It's supposed to have all the options but I'm not seeing phone under the settings menu. I do have the buttons on the wheel though and nav. Is there another way to check? If not, is there a module or a way to add it? Would it be difficult? Thanks!

30

If it's a factory fitted satnav it might have the UHP (Universal Handsfree Phone) module. If you scroll through the options on the screen and phone isn't there you probably don't - although it's worth holding the Set button until it goes into Settings and scrolling through those options too. Someone with a Tech2 can check what modules are in the car. If you don't you can either buy an UHP (ebay prices range from £75-£150) it installs in the centre console and would need adding with a Tech2 replace the head unit and use a Connects2 adaptor to use your steering wheel controls or buy a Bluetooth device and use a telmute connector to connect to your head unit

35

For US models, Bluetooth was installed starting in 2009. Anything below that year doesn't have the required module with the bluetooth antenna. It is all thanks to GM, trying to force OnStar to be used as an alternative.