I have a 2001 Range Rover 4.6 SE, the front right wheel makes a "vuh vuh vuh" kind of sound at precisely 50 mph or over and it makes the noise even if you're not accelerating. We took it up on a jack and pressed the pedal in the air all the wheels moved but the wheel in question was stuck sometimes. What could be the problem?

Asked by Mar 09, 2013 at 11:03 PM about the 2001 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 SE

Get yourself a new pair of tires already, you don't want a blowout or to have the steering wheel ripped out of your hands.

It could be a sticking caliper. That shouldn't make noise, just heat. --- Try rotating the tires to see if the sound moves.

I thought it was tires too but I actually put on some new oem rims with new tires, still makes the noise. I'll check the brake caliper, could be possible

examine the wheel bearing for looseness-

That's originally what I thought but my mechanic dismissed that thought, I'll try my other mechanic, do you know how much that costs?

oooh nothing! they shouldn't be charging you just for looking. You could do it yourself. Just put your jack under the body and lift the wheel up, grab it with both hands and see if it moves both in and out side to side up and down, then you'll know if the wheel bearing is okay. If you can borrow a mechanics stethascope, use this to listen to see if there is any grinding there.

Oh I see, Ill try it and get back to you on that, thanks!

Iam on the way to buy a 2001 Range Rover , is it a good Idea , and what should I look for when checking it at the mechanic shop before buying it ??? and what about the air suspensions ? are they easly damaging and coastly in repairing ?