car wount start

Asked by Jul 05, 2013 at 08:23 AM about the 1996 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE

the car just shut off and wount start up the battery is good everthing works fine but the car wount start i drove it from delaware to phil when i tried to park it in the parking lot it shut off dnt knw y plz help

112,175

Is it cranking over but won't start or just doing nothing at all when key is turned?

22,705

Does the engine turn over? or is there just silence when you turn the key?

22,705

HA dandy man is on this one- I'm goin' back to bed- always tryin' to save the world myself- why would I be answerin' Range Rover questions anyway-

112,175

If it is turning over but just not starting. Do you have a CEL when you turn the key on before cranking? Check the inertia switch to see if it tripped, a failing fuel pump may cause this. Check for fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the rail, actual reading would be best. Pull a plug wire and check for spark, maybe the crank sensor puked?

26,125

uh oh...I live outside of Philly and know how ruthless the PPA (Phila. Parking Authority) can be about giving out high dollar tickets for vehicles "improperly parked"...Do you have AAA and can you get it towed? There's a Land Rover Dealer off Route 70 in Cherry Hill. NJ (not too far away from Philly)...or there may be one a bit closer just outside of the city limits. I'd hate to see you featured on "Parking Wars" on A&E channel!

I got $5 says he will never answer you guys

26,125

I'll ante up $20 that the OP is over at the PPA right now trying to get his Land Rover back from those vultures who booted and towed him. Let us know what the outcome was @ njukijonn

26,125

Oh yeah...and welcome to Philly! Ugh!

22,705

It's a RANGE Rover- PLEASE! note the distinction- and I would not bet against David- not even if he picks the Indians to go all the way

5,175

Land Rover, Range Rover, no difference, I own both a Rangie and a Disco 2 and owned a series 2A 109 and to me they're all just Land Rovers. The only difference is in the level of luxury and the dealer price :)