Short on Freelander after charging the battery

Asked by Jun 23, 2014 at 05:32 PM about the 2003 Land Rover Freelander 2 Dr SE3 AWD SUV

Hi I tried to jump start my freelander as the battery was totally flat was working to well
so I decided to take the battery off and charge it when I put the battery back on there
was a hell of a spark when I put the earth lead on the fans came on the horn kept
blowing and wipers were working now there are no ignition light the electric windows will
go down but wont go up I put the battery on properly has anyone had this problem
before its a 03 by the way

65,565

Usually, this is just a sign of a bad battery.Go have it checked.

ok will check it out thanks. Will let you know what happens

195

Check the battery's charge. If the battery is old, it's better to get a new one. The car's computer needs time to readjust after being without a battery for over 30 minutes. The factory settings are the default, so if your car had changes to the factory settings you might have to consult with the dealer. In my case the odometer reverted to kilometers.

Thank you got it sorted the battery was like an electric welder my brother put the positive lead on and fried my alternator. It still cranks for about 30 secs before it fires up