My Land rover freelander V6 had an engine knock and I need to replace the engine with a new engine. Any suggestion of a compartible engine for my car

Asked by Oct 13, 2014 at 09:23 AM about the 2002 Land Rover Freelander 4 Dr SE AWD SUV

You don't need new. A re-built engine, done properly by a reputable company is every bit as good as new. Suggestion is going with what is in it now. Changing to a different engine may be more expensive, because there may be parts not compatible you may have to buy.

4 of 4 people found this helpful. ..price not available on website, must call ..... and 2.5Liter V6 $2563 USED and $4,709 USED Low mileage. How they define "low mileage" unknown, but has 5 year warranty ..

I replaced my 2003 2.5l engine with a used 2002 engine. Had to replace the thermostat and water pump. Wanted to replace the oil pump, too,but couldn't find one anywhere. Some issues with connections are causing check engine light to go on.