My Landrover Discovery 2 (2000) makes a "scratching" when idling. The noise seem to come from underneath. What could it be?

Asked by Jun 12, 2013 at 09:59 AM about the 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

The scratching like noise is quite period but consistent i.e. you hear it every 30 seconds or so. It seem to be emanating from underneath the vehicle

did you look at everything underneath your car?

Thank you Liz1111 for your prompt response. You have just challenged me to make a thorough check and localise the noise. It sounds like a certain part is scratching on something and this happens at regular intervals. I will check it out again and give you the precise location. Many thanks

Hello Again I went underneath the vehicle to check and the noise was coming from a component marked DELPHI 1030580/1 RVH1 50012. It is on the right beneath the driver s seat. Dont know whether it is fuel supply pump or what. The scratching noise is audible when idling and quite irritating. Awaiting your diagnosis