power failure

Asked by Apr 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM about the 2004 Land Rover Discovery S

I have had my disco II for 2 years now and have encountered thousands of dollars in repairs,head gaskets tie rod end 6 tires break pads all over 2 times and now need rotors this thing is a damn nightmare,i fix something and something else needs repair.anyways 3 times over the last week i have got ready to start my truck and there's no power at all, no dome lights my clocks dead and car wont start 'the first time this happened i popped my hood and all of the sudden my power came on.the 2nd time i tried the hood trick w/o success so once i slammed the hood shut all my power came on.i have checked my terminals and there tight there's no build up of debris around them and when i'm driving there is no decrease in power so i would assume that the battery fine. what could the cause of this be? thank you.

107,745

Some cars have a battery saver function that shuts down all power when something is left on. It prevents a dead battery. When mine shuts down, I hit the unlock button and it wakes up. -- I don't know if your Disco II has one but it could be a possible cause.