if the key doesnt work cause there wires are not connected inside the door panel so is there another way to reset the car, my clicker to lock my car got wet and now it wont work

Asked by Aug 07, 2014 at 07:33 PM about the 1996 Land Rover Discovery 4 Dr SE AWD SUV

please my clicker that locks the truck got wet my boyfriend  went to opened the back
door the horn and lights started going off so he  went to open the passenger side
door cause my driver side lock doesnt work. then he put the key in and tried to start
it, and it wont turn over. I have removed the door panel and found out that the lock is
disconnected the yellow and black wire are not connected. Please Please I bought
this car from a private party I am a single 55 yr old I asked that man to please not
take my last 1800.00 if there is going to be prablems cause I cant afford to fix it I
lost my job and my apt. I basicly live in my car now but I cant get it out of the parking
lot now I am collecting tickets and feeling like blowing the car up.  I would just love
to get some help where I can fix this isssue.... cant I just take out the alarm the
whole dam thing I dont need one anyway.

31,295

Try the old stand by for your no start. Disconnect the battery for about a half hour. This MAY reset the anti theft system. As for the wires in your door. Look and see if the place they hook up to are slightly different in size. As for the fob? It's toast. Now, when you get the Discovery running...... Sell it! It's a parts and mantanice pig! You have my sympathy. Good luck. I've said a prayer for you.

31,295

Consider a simple car like a Honda.