Check engine light and DSC Fault light is on.

Asked by Mar 06, 2013 at 07:08 PM about the 2003 Jaguar X-TYPE 3.0

My check engine light and DSC Fault is on. It also says that cruise control is not available.  And to
add on top of that it stalls and the engine turns off. Please Help!

well yes, please get the trouble codes read....we can begin solving your problems if we knew all of them~

Just for starters, open the hood, turn on the garden hose and blast away all the corrosion, undo the clamps and wirebrush the connections, this will in effect have 'rebooted' your computer, but the codes will stay in the flash memory-...also look at the other end of the negative wire to insure that it is connected to chassis ground, and to the engine, solidly- Just this act, of cleaning the connections may actually put everything right....for now~

10

Good afternoon all .... I have the DSC fault code showing and everything points to the battery being on it's way out .... I will update this as soon as I have installed the new battery. PS I have noticed the car is just about starting and nothing more so I do think it's a battery problem.