Engine RPM

Asked by Jan 02, 2012 at 10:51 AM about the 1994 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

I have just purchased a 1994 Loyale. It has a 3 speed automatic in it. The engine RPM seems very high so there might be something wrong. At 55MPH it revs up to about 3800 RPM. Is this normal?
Thanks

135

it sounds like your car is stuck maybe in 4 wheel drive, and or your servo is messed up.

475

Yeah this is normal, I have a 3 speed in my car and at 100ks it will sit around 3500 or more. These engines like to rev, but i have a 5 speed in the other car and it will sit on 3000 rpm at 100ks, so not to much difference.