Engine stumbles when you try to accelerate.....help?

Asked by Sep 13, 2014 at 01:31 PM about the 1995 Subaru Impreza LX Coupe

my 95 Subaru has the 1.8L and an issue. when you push down the gas pedal quickly, even in neutral ( its a 5 spd.), the engine sounds like its misfiring and loses power. I've done a flow rate test for the fuel pump through the filter, about 3oz when you turn the key. When its running, I unplugged one injector at a time and when it misfired it was on cylinder 3, but after switching injectors with number 1, it still does it on 3. New plugs, wires, and coil. I have no friggin clue any more. I need some HELP! Thanks guys...

6,425

Check your compression on that cylinder and also try hooking a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold and take a look at the readings. It could be a burned or bent valve. Those 2 tests should help you figure it out.