I have a hose on my firewall in my 1990 Chevy Lumina that doesn't attach to anything.

Asked by Apr 04, 2014 at 12:49 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

I have a 1990 chevy lumina with a 2.5L 4cyl engine and an automatic transmission.  I
have had a few problems with the way the car runs and I have been looking at the
engine very closely.  I found a hose that is only about 1 inch long on the passenger
side firewall that doesn't attach to the engine.  I also saw that there is a hole in the
back of my camshaft cover.  I am not familiar so much with the hoses of a car and
which ones are supposed to be there and may not be. I am wondering if anyone can tell
me if that is the way it is supposed to be or am I missing a hose that needs to be
replaced causing  a vacuum issue in the car? I have been searching the web for an
answer but have come up empty.  Can anyone help me?

Can you take a picture of the hose at the firewall?