Why does my front driver side window dip as it goes down?

Asked by Apr 29, 2011 at 03:07 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

I just replace my driver side front regulator lower track.  The window dips now as it goes down.  Inside the door I found two pieces laying at the bottom.  (see picture) One appears to be a u- shaped bumper and the other is a hard guide that the window appears to fit in but I can not find any connectors or screw holes to match.  Any ideas?

10

I had the same problem. There is a guide on the back side of the window, nearest the door post, that fell off. You can go to Autozone and look in the section of HELP products for window guides for the year of your car. Apparently, most vehicles' windows have a small hole in the upper corner for the guides to snap into, but my Lumina did not. I snipped off the guide snaps and used JB Weld to glue the guide to the window. First, though, push the guide into the track, then put the JB Weld on the guide, then have the window motor push the window up at the same time you push the window into the guide. If you look with a flashlight, you can see this track on the post side of the door. This has been a real pain to fix because I could not find anything on the Internet that shows how to fix this. Even car manuals do not show this.