Help Wanted with Sensor ID

1,335

Asked by Aug 18, 2011 at 02:57 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Lumina 2 Dr Euro Coupe

What Part Am I?

mounted on driver's side, top of firewall... has 7 wires, from top to bottom, Black, Pink, Purple, Green, Grey, Blue, Red... has a vacume hose nipple.

Next part is a 3 way Vacume Line component... top nipple is broke off. I believe it attached to aforementioned sensor.

1,335

Here's a pic of the 3 Way Vacume Line component mounted just below the cruise control solenoid about a foot or so near the Sensor.

1,335

I have a couple of wires that need ID as well... one has a connector and is laying down above the AC compressor... nothing nearby to attach it to.. has a YELLOW and BROWN wire. Another just like it up near the Alternator area... with it's connector chopped/broke off.

1,335

Here's another pic of the wire.

1,335

Follow Up: this "device" is attached to the windshield wiper motor, and the wires are for the motor and the delay features. The vacuum nipple is for the washer fluid hose... mine apparently broke at one time with a previous owner, and the washer fluid hose was rerouted.

1,335

Follow Up: this 3 way vacuum device has a vaccum source from the engine then branches to a softball sized component in the front drivers side fender... a vacuum tank... the tank acts like a vac reserve for your vac devices, HVAC systtem, at Wide Open Throttle (WOT). The 3 way also connects to the charcoal canister located in the rear of the car.

1,335

Follow Up: These Yellow & Brown wires may be for Magnasteer, which my car doesn't have. I my engine is not the original engine and that my engine came from a car that had Magnasteer. I've also found, in schematics, where there is a Yellow & Brown wire going to the Power Steering Pressure Sensor. I haven't located this on my car as of yet, but, it seems these wires are related to power steering functions.