MILEAGE FOR 1999 SAAB 9-5HOW LONG CAN IT LAST PAST 150K MI.

Asked by Apr 27, 2010 at 03:40 PM about the 1999 Saab 9-5 4 Dr V6t Turbo Wagon

I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING A 1999 SAAB 9.5 STATION WAGON.  IT HAS 150K MI ON IT.  I WAS WONDERING WHAT I COULD EXPECT FROM IT MILEAGE WISE.  IT IS A V6 AND 3.0 LITER . AUTOMATIC.  WOULD THIS BE A GOOD DEAL AT $2600.  THANKS

905

The v6 enginee is good and durable, make shure to check the service books. If the topgasket not have been replaced by now, you'll have to expect that it will need to be replaced somewhere in between the next 50 000 miles. Depends on the service and how the car have been driven. Its a great car with a good performance :) try to get it for 2500 .

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO. THE CAR SOUNDED GREAT WHEN WE TEST DROVE IT, EVERYTHING WAS SHOWROOM CLEAN. NO DENTS OR DINGS, CAR WAS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE (EXCEPT FOR A SMALL TEAR MADE BY A PUPPY NEAR THE DRIVERS WINDOW. NOTHING THAT WILL AFFECT THE DRIVABILITY OF IT. HE PURCHASED THE VEHICLE 2 MO. AGO FOR HIS SISTER, BUT DID NOT NEED IT ANYMORE, SO THAT IS WHY HE WAS SELLING IT. DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE TOPGASKET BEING REPLACED BUT WILL FIND OUT, AS I DID PURCHASE IT, GOT IT FOR $2300. GUESS I GOT A GOOD DEAL!

905

Very good :) Have a great experince with the car ;) It deserves it .

WOULD YOU HAVE WORDS OF WISDOM TO PASS ALONG TO MAINTAIN A LONG LIFE FOR THE VEHICLE, I KNOW TO CHECK THE OIL EVERY 2000 MILES. HOWEVER, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SAAB AND LOVE IT. ARE THERE ROUTINE THINGS THAT I SHOULD MAINTAIN WITH A SAAB THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WITH ANOTHER TYPE OF VEHICLE? I LOVE THE CAR, AND REALLY WANT TO TREAT IT WELL, SO THAT I HAVE IT FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS MY FIRST NON-USA CAR AND I KNOW THAT MAINTENANCE MIGHT BE A LITTLE HIGHER. I AM WONDERING IF MY REGULAR MECHANIC WOULD BE AS APT WITH A SAAB AS A SAAB DEALER WOULD BE, WITHOUT THE HIGHER DEALERSHIP COST OF MAINTENANCE. ANY SUGGESTIONS? WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

905

I do have a 04 SAAB 9-3 S.S and I love it !! Nothing spesicial to maintain, just check the basic things at a regular basis like: Oil level, cooling fluids, battery acid levels and so on. I check it once every 2 weeks. Regular service intervalls, atleast once a year. Car paint is the most importent to keep it free from corrosion and color fading. I was it 1 or 2 times in a week depending on the weather. - Pressure wash it first to get rid of any solid particels thats stuck. - The spray it in with degreaser that you can buy almost every where. - Flush it off -Then wash with car shampoo - Wax and polish twice a year. spring and autum. The photo is mine :)

JAN LOOKS LIKE A BRAND NEW CAR, YOU TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF IT. WILL TRY TO SEND YOU A PICTURE OF MINE WHEN I GET IT NEXT WEEK. IT IS A '99 WAGON, BUT VERY WELL KEPT. I AM EXCITED. THANKS FOR ALL THE WISE ADVISE. APPRECIATE IT. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. LUCY

905

thanks :=) I do my best :) The car is not just a car , its a passion ;) Glad I can help :) Have a great weekend you to :)