what should i do about my saab 9-3 2.0T not starting, problem w/ crank system?

Asked by Oct 28, 2013 at 04:27 PM about the 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I purchased a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T about 10 days ago with a 30 day warranty. Since then,
I've taken it to the dealership bc the "low coolant level - Refill now" message came on, it
was fixed and I went on my way. I had it checked by our family's mechanic, who said its
in great condition and couldn't find anything wrong. Yesterday however, I drove about 30
miles to the next town and 30 miles back, about 75 miles total over about 4 or 5 hrs. I
parked when I got home and when I went to leave about 45 mins later, the car wouldn't
start. It would turn over like it wanted to but couldn't. It then gave me two messages, the
first said "gearbox malfunction" and the 2nd, "traction control failure- Contact dealer". In
had it towed to the dealership and they called me this morning letting me know it was a
problem with or in? the crank system and the part will be here thursday, so I'll pick up the
car then. My question is (I have a few), is this a serious problem? What does this mean for
the function of the car? (It drove fine all day, no messages in info center) is this an
indication thha the car might be a lemon? I'm a college student and although I work and
have a good job, I'm obviously not interested in dishing out loads of money to fix it. This
makes me nervous, like maybe I should consider returning it? What is your professional
opinion about: this model saab, my situation in general, and what I should do? Thanks!!

What has happened as your Ground connection from battery to frame (yes a 1/0awg Cable) is corroded on the spot where it connects to your frame/fender...this is the MAIN ground and not only has to pull over 300 cold cranking amps must be steady to provide power that does not vary in voltage and available amperage....SO not only does the ECU use this "supposedly CLEAN" ground the ignition system, the fuel system and minor things like the headlights, dash lights and windshield wipers....lately have been seein' TWO 1/0 ground connections...one to the motor block and one to the chassis ground...but these things will corrode on account of the amperages and dis-similar metals tryin' to deposit onto one another~..but clean the ground connection with a coarse wirebrush and re- assemble for Smoooth take-offs (providing you've gotten a NEW battery, because 2006 is going to be a grampa by now)~

...a little bit of wirebrush work, wear gloves and protect your eyes...some wrenchin' does not really cost anything...if you're enchanted by some aircraft inspired design, you should have a SAAB....the saab sonnet III was a dynamite looking car....yes they are good in snow~ this is a minor electrical wrinkle..odds are once this ground is restored all the other problems will vanish~

Michael Runnells

My SAAB same make and model just stop 20yards from my house same problem only warning light was left head light out

I have a 2008 saab 9-3 2.0t I start it but won't turn over I changed the cps sensor checked coils injectors spark plugs if it has spark it works changed fuel pump works checked fuel valve plenty of gas what can it be

I also checked all fuses and relays