Windows not working properly

30

Asked by Apr 25, 2014 at 09:14 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport

Drivers window works but freezes up on the way up. Passengers window goes down and
will not go up. Passenger rear window does nothing. Started a couple weeks ago. Drivers
rear works fine. Got another switch does the same? Please help someone

33,855

I think its time to lube up the window tracks. Pull the door panels off and use white lithium grease on the tracks as you move the window up and down. It's probably been 24 years since they were lubricated last.

30

Thank you I was thinking about everything else and looked over the basics. Thanks again.

33,855

You're welcome. Get yourself a can of white lithium grease and a small cheap paint brush. Goop the hell out of the tracks and anything else that moves. Work the windows up and down and goop them again as soon as they show signs of binding. IMHO the spray is a waist of time.

80

It may behoove you to clean the tracks with brake cleaner first, to get rid of the old grease, before applying new grease.