check engine lite

Asked by May 05, 2007 at 11:21 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport Wagon FWD

My check engine lite is on and i put a scannesr on it and still can,t  find whats wrong any help

Hi Ed! If you can't come up with any diagnostic codes, I don't know how much help we can be. You are probably going to have to put it in front a service guy at your local dealership. Good luck!

My dad has a 1986 celebrity.. in order to get the codes out of it.. you have to use a piece of wire.. and on the plug where the diagnostic tool plugs in.. jump the top right 2 plugs holes... then turn the key to the on position but dont start it.. the check engine will flash out the codes.