Some debris got down into the key turn switch and it is starting to not turn smoothly. I want to disassemble it to remove crap b4 it jams completely. & I dont have a manuel.. 2 or 3 different ways to do it, but I want the correct way. Can anyone help?

125

Asked by Jun 26, 2014 at 10:16 PM about the 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear

sticky tiny little key chain fell down into the key turn on switch. It's going to turn in to a
huge prob if I cant get them out. It's already sticking. Poor single mom w/no $$$ needs
help. How can I get into the switch or take it apart to fix the prob?

62,085

First is the little key chain metal?

125

No.. I dont think so.. they're ittybitty shiny squares from a good ol' walmart junk keychain. The second I knew what created the prob. I instantly chucked the pretty shitty key chain. Could still be in my back seat.. LoL... But Prob isnt metal.. & I hope not, bcus I have a feeling your feedback wont be good.

125

Thank Goodness -- they are plastic... Put they screwing my life & the life of the car... up.. how can I remove them. Need the cheap man's version.. Thank You for any and all of your feedback.

62,085

Well yes it would be,i was hoping medal.I have been in same boat,my little girl is 17 now,but when she was 3,she jamedd littlebeads, of a necklace in my truck.Because they were metal,i got them out.And i may be able to help you not remove your cylinder,,you want to know how reply back??

Best Answer
62,085

It may still work with a little effort.even plastic

125

11:45p here in Maine.. Yes, I'm an insomniac.. and a Maniac..teeheehee Leaving at 5am heading 60mi North. Praying I get there n back with out a hitch.Or a tow. With my AAA I used all my free tows.. :(

62,085

Go find you,a set of the real small screwdriver set,s,i was going to tell you to magnitize the scew driver and stick in key slot,but that wont work for you like it did for me,so you need to get super glue on the end of the longest little scerww driver you can find,just a dab on tip of it ,stick it in remove debree,,

Best Answer
125

Yes T_S_T .... ok.. What's the trick..? wait a second,,, Your 'truck" ??? truck key switch on shaft.. Saab key socket , down... inbtween seets.. The stinkin idiots. What were they thinkin..? Pls.. help me.. b4 my key kills my car.....

125

No. TST .. it wont break down. It's jamming I have to push down harder to get the key to turn. It sticks too. only been 2days and its getting worse. I want to know how to get into the key chamber. Prob should look on the saab site????

62,085

Ok,,im gona help you ,yes i know your key placement,and if you dont want to try what ive said,then try this,Go to wallmart,by a can of pressured air,like you clean keyboards with,take straw,stick down in key cylinder,and let it blow it out.

62,085

Even if you remove cylinder,it want come apart,you will have to replace it any way.gurl :)

125

My kid is 17 also.. Whis she had done it so I could blame it on her.. But this is all on me... Errrr !@#$$%^

62,085

Trying to help....that,s what the saab site will tell you ,replace cylinder with new one.

125

No... No I dont believe it.. There is always a way .. Back yard mechanics have been rippin the Fatboys off for years.. I'll get it,, I will. I need fine fine surgical tools.. Going to go get sub & think this over.. I''ll be back.. What State r u in.. . No.., not state of mind... .. However I "AM" in a Saab State of mind.. lol

62,085

Let me do a little reseach on your lock, ,ile post back in a little

125

Crap.. Seeing as you men are always right... I;ll call ir a night.. But keep a watchful eye... Ya just never know.. I just might figure it out, and save world peace shorty after.. :) Thank You. I appriaciate all ur help..

62,085

Im in georgia,and ive,never payed a mechanic to fix my ride,s,,,dahhhh i am a mechanic: )

125

Pahahahahahaaha I should of known... I mean... I knew it.. Chucks.. Nice chattin.. Hey, I just got back from Sc. was down in Bluffton, stayed in Ridgeland.. Visited Charlestown .. The Market Place.. Bea- U- tiful

125

Blow the crap out of there w/a can of preasured air..And... the tiny screwdriver kit.. Wow, Your the smartest guy I know.. Hats off to ya.!!! Yes all good.. I'm thinkin of a longlong skinny needle. bcus the sides on the bottom of the key hole are super skinny, prob wont take a driver either.. Hmmm, all excellant feedback ideas.. Your awesome

125

No food in the house.. Need food to think,... Thank You so much..