any way to by=pass chip in the key on a 1995 98 R/E ?

Asked by Mar 02, 2014 at 11:03 AM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

car will start then stall out .I can restart an stall all the time.. When  I spray  carb. cleaner
on the key and into ing.swtich. car will stay running. Happens about 3-5 times a
week.afraid it will NOT  work .then what??? An old timer.(30 yr. exp) said to find out the
Ohm.s of the chip an place a diode in the switch block .so as not to replace/remove
steering col.

20

use a multi meter to find the open line in the fuse block - once you locate it you can install a 380 fuse which is not made by any one but you can buy fuse sets at radio shack bundle all together at both ends and use butt connectors to secure them into the existing wiring then recheck to make sure open line now reads closed and try to start should work fine i did this to my 98 olds and worked just fine and the chip will never be a problem again