Oldsmobile Nighty eight stalled when parking

Asked by Feb 25, 2012 at 09:44 PM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Sedan

message on info pad was HOT AC Disabled. Turned off car tried to restart  but nothing at all..car has full power.  Hot AC disabled comes on but engine wont crank??

Lol. Looks like we have similar problem. I also have an Olds Ninety Eight. Another signal I was receiving was 'low coolant level" for the "coolant level' reading I did replace the "Coolant Level Sensor" located on the radiator. Keep in mind when one removes that sensor, be prepared to lose coolant. I still continue to get "HOT...AC Disable" signal usually when the car is in motion and then it quits, braking is difficult as well. One possibility is the "Coolant Temperature Sensor" which may be located on this particular car near the manifold and thermostat housing BUT under the THROTTLE BODY housing is. One thing about this car is that the "coolant temperature sensor" is VERY DIFFICULT to get to. I know because I am having trouble removing the throttle housing to get to it. The Coolant Temperature Sensor also assists in ignition maintance as well. Hope it helps.

65

That is an engine saver function programed into your computer for what ever reason you car is running hot or at least it thinks its running hot so it disables any accessory that burdens the motor.

75

Mine Did that when it was low on Fuel?? Fill it up Might work??