Car Jerking?

Asked by Apr 21, 2014 at 03:28 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe

I have a manual 1990 Cavalier Z24. At a certain RPM it starts jerking and evenually dying
out. I have no clue on what it could be.

10,415

Is at low throttle levels close to idle. The IAC is used more on Manuals than autos and it may be wearing out or sticking. Try cleaning it. At high levels I don't know. Maybe a bad spot in your TPS or MAP sensors

I have already replaced the IAC. I'm going to try the MAP sensor. Thanks

10,415

Check for vacuum leaks on the hoses leaving the Upper Intake Manifold by the throttle body and trace them out looking for leaks. There is a tee under the manifold by the injectors that leaks. A leak would case issues with the MAP reading and fuel pressure regulator. The quickest way to find a leak is with a propane torch. Bleed a small amount of gas out of the torch end around the lines while running the car will rev up slightly when it draws the gas in through the vacuum leak.

3,165

Bad gas bad wires or alt starting to go bad

3,165

Any code Coming from computer

3,165

Don't replace unless bad code or in direction Of map sensor

3,165

Don't fix a car by replacing parts to expensive that way Work with us we will help you by checking codes and parts with ohm meters a lot cheaper that way and we find out what's wrong