uses alot of gas. car turn off at stop signs.

25

Asked by Jan 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

what is wrong with car?

7,195

see other post. take your car to a garage and have them dis-connect the "lock-up" I own a Olds 98 and I have owned 2 others. my other two had this issue. The lock up was the cause. You are also more than likely due for a tune up. I really enjoy my olds and I notice in the city it is a bit harsh on fuel but on the highway I get great milage (33MPG). Hope this helps, best of luck.

you may want to start with changing the spark plugs (I would recommend AC Delco plugs), possibly changing the plug wires. I'd also replace the fuel filter, clean the MAF sensor (it's right where you disconnect the big pipe by the air filter, use a MAF cleaner instead of brake cleaner or choke cleaner), replace the air filter, run a good fuel injector cleaner through the system and replace the PCV valve. These are all easy and inexpensive items that can affect fuel mileage and performance. If there is still an issue, take it to a good mechanic and have them check the emissions sensors, and a general once-over. There may be other issues that are affecting this car.

15

i just had this problem check all your vacume lines

95

It sounds like your spark plug wires may be mis-matched. You also may have a vacuum line loose somewhere. The only other thing I can think of is your TCC solenoid, however this only applies if you have a 3 speed transmission with a Lock-up converter.

35

here is a list of things it can be i am going to list a few because i dont know what u have fixed fuel filter fuel pump mass airflow sensor