power locks do not work

20

Asked by Jan 19, 2015 at 02:34 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

power door locks do not work.
remotes do not work.
courtesy lights do not come on
horn does not work
power antenna does not go down

Fuses under dash are good.  Fuses on passenger side under dash are good.  Could it be the relays above the fuses and if so, do I need to disconnect battery to change?

12,180

yes it could be relays, no you don't have to disconnect batt to change them. there could be a fuse panel under th hood too on this model.

20

How do I get to those relays?

12,180

Yes, I think the relays for that are the ones under the dash on the passenger side. If you want to know for sure you can go to autozmagz.com and download a relay panel diagram. If I am having trouble locating a part, I ask the auto parts store where I purchase them. Often they have a pic or diagram they can show you. I am pretty sure there is a lock relay and an unlock relay. Odd though that all of those things are failing. It is possible that some of them are on the same relays but probably not all of them. It is possible that there is a fuse box under the hood that has a relay that powers your indash relay/fuse panel.