The trunk will not close now, how do I repair it?

Asked by Feb 08, 2017 at 08:55 PM about the 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

32,525

What part are you having problems with? If it's the latch, try spraying it liberally with a graphite cleaner, you can buy that at any auto parts store. WD40 will also loosen it if it's dirty, but tends to attract more gunk after it dries.

Thank you for your response :) I'm not sure, but it appears to try to close it but not "click in". So I will try your suggestion and if it doesn't work, I will ask again. There are multiple problems with it but would like to fix them, it was my mother's car who passed away, only 70,000 miles on it. Thank you again.