My 92 Olds 88 has a hesitation when I come to a slow or stop while in gear, runs ruff at that time, what could be the problem?

Asked by Jun 04, 2016 at 12:01 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr LS Sedan

Could be a bad coil pack. The car has 3 coil packs that each fire 2 cylinders. Harbor Frieght sells a cheap inline spark tester. You unplug a spark plug wire and plug the tester onto the coil then plug the wire onto the tester, start the car and look for a neon light to blink in the tester showing spark. You have to do one plug wire at a time. If you find one where there is no blinking light, that could be a bad coil. The coils cost about $30 and only takes 2 screws to change them. A miss like this would be more noticeable at idle in gear than when you are up and running.