Possible faulty digital odometer display

5

Asked by Jul 14, 2015 at 06:38 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr LS Sedan

I have a digital odometer that very rarely works, usually when it is very cold weather
outside but then it shuts off again when the car warms up.  It is still tracking the miles but
is it a loose/frayed wire or the readout itself?  Can I fix this myself?  What kind of shop
would do this repair?

100,255

Call shops in your area to see if they offer speedo repair, most shops that have this take yours out and send it off to be repaired by a certified facility where it is repaired then sent back to the shop to be reinstalled. The IC chip in the control head maintains the correct reading so that is what it will read when it is repaired. There were a few places that were offering digital repair on Ebay too.