why isnt my car staring?

10

Asked by Jan 08, 2015 at 04:56 PM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr STD Sedan

car isnt starting. cranks, but no fire. check with a test light and all wires made it light up. how can i check the coil pack and sensors without a computer or being charged and arm and a leg at a shop?

11,520

You can read your obd1 computer codes by using a jumper wire in the obd connector under the drivers side dash. there are good youtube vids on how to do it. it is simple. if there are stored codes in the computer this test should tell you. you will count the check engine light flashes and then go online or get a Haynes manual to see what the code means.

10

tried that and only showed "12". checked coil pack wiht test light and crankshaft position sensor with a multimeter. dont know what else would make it turn over but no start. any suggestions on what it could be?