starter wont spin.

Asked by Nov 16, 2014 at 09:02 PM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 4 Dr STD Sedan

I dismount the starter and test it, by having the starter touch the body for ground. It jumps out but wont spin. Same with a new starter and had AAA try to boost the car, to make sure its not the battery. Any ideas?

65,525

Are the wire,s crossed on the cylinoid?

No. The starter came with the cylinoid attached. Left it as is. Starter was tested in autoshop, worked fine.

65,525

Some thing is not hooked up right,recheck the wire,s,if started tested and worked fine,the wire,s are crossed at starter,or your ignition switch is bad.

It was the battery!!! I had someone try to boost with a boost battery and AAA also came to boost and none worked. I had it taken to the mechanic and he said it's a starter. At the end it was the battery. thank for trying to help.