I have a 1999 Olds. 88 That is now stalling, but sometimes idles-up real high before doing so.

Asked by Mar 20, 2014 at 01:22 PM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 4 Dr STD Sedan

The check engine light has recently come on again, after being off for months.  When a
car-part chain store ran the code, it said misfire cylinder 5.    When I went to change
the plug, I found it to be loose.   I changed the plug.    The light stayed on for 1 month.  
Then went out for about 6 months.   Like I said, it recently came on again.   The car
runs well most of the time, but seems now to be stalling often.  There are episode of
high- idle  from time to time.   No, I have not changed all the plugs and wire yet.  What
is going on?

236,945

Scan for codes again, it might be another issue. Post the 4 digit code back here.