There is water in the trunk. Where is it coming from?

Asked by Apr 23, 2013 at 05:02 PM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 4 Dr LS Sedan

Water collects in the spare wheel well of my 88. I find it after a rain. Where could it be
comeing in?

haven't been able to track down a form fit seal, but here's a cut yourself variety, need to remove the old cut yourself and glue~

glue already on there~

3,220

Drill a drain hole, have a good friend run a water hose on the car while you in the trunk with a flashlight. Might be just a little section of trunk seal that can be fixed with glue or silicone.

supposed to be a rubber bung like used to be under the spare tire, everyone's got a plug, just poke underneath the trunk area till you hit a rubber piece, break out the needlenose and remove it~

...on top gear UK, like hamster rescues oliver (his small car) after being swamped by having a local fire a hole in the bottom with a rifle~(only a joke)