Increase horsepower

35

Asked by Jul 08, 2008 at 04:15 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Brougham

i was wondering what cheaper costing things i can buy to increase the horsepower i already have in my 1990 caprice classic? without breaking my wallet.

43,875

There's a lot that can be done if you have the 305 or the 350 in it. The possibilities are endless. One of the car mags a few months back did a "budget 305 build" for horsepower.

55

You want cheap power ..............put a Nitrous kit on it(small one),that way,you get a car that still drives the way it does now,gets the same mileage,etc,but when you want some power,add about 75-100hp..lotsa fun.Then you can remove the kit easily and put it on another vehicle,or whatever.

25

you can check out the hyper tech chips they make some stuff that will give it some extar hp there not too hard to put in either good luck

55

It's a 1990 caprice,you think they make a chip?

65

I don't think so. Did you already upgrade the exhaust? Summit has some good cheap headers- You could craft a forced air induction-or ram air, whatever- someone with an old suburban did that and wow!

55

dont put nitrous on it like that anonymous guys said unless you upgrade the motor. i would start with air and exhaust upgrades first and go from there, those are typically the cheapest upgrades.

25

will that work for a 91 caprice classic?what would you sigest

55

there are more parts for the 5.7 motor than the 5.0 but Summit Racing im sure has a lot for either. i would suggest to start there.