I have a Kia that has started making a hard knock noise fro the left front area of the car.I had shops put it up on racks, and NOvody can seem to find whst is causing thst loud "clunk" whenever I hit any uneven spot in the roadway. I've been assured the safety of the car isn't compromised, but the noise is extremely aggravating. Any ideas? Motor mounts have been checked.

25

Asked by Nov 07, 2012 at 03:10 AM about the 2006 Kia Rio Base

I have had the car checked several times - put up on the rack, and NObody can find what is causing the loud
"clunk" whenever I go over even the slightest imperfection in the road. Motor mounts were cheecked, they're
fine. They reassure me the safety of the car hasn't at all been compromised, but the sound is going to put me
in a looney bin in short order. A friend used it, and inadvertenlty ran it into the meridian of the roadway, and I
thought it might
be related to that, but the strange part of all this is very reputible shops can't find whats making the noise. Also,
its got no power steering and is VERY hard to turn the wheel. According to the mechanics, there's nothing
wrong with it, yet it still makes that clunk noise. I even replaced the from cartridges and brackets at $1,100.00
and all the bushings. No noticeable difference whatsoever. Do you kind folks have any idea(s)?

25

you need to check the pistons in the brake caliper, could have some play that would couse the noise.

95

well sir if u have no power steering u might have bought it that way with having the base model..it doesnt come with it..and i would question the lower ball joint..

30

Simple......... $12.00 worth of stabilizer bushings. (It sounds like somethings about to fall of the car) rubber bushing is worn on the inside. (I know I have a 06 Kia same noise. It's quiet now)

Hey mate did you find out what the noise is as I have exactly same problem and the mechanics cant find what the problem is, I have changed the bump stops and strutts all to no avail Thanks Stephen

10

Hey Stephen or anybody. Have any of you solved this issue ? I had inspected myself the bushings of the sway bar and they seem to be ok. It clunks and nobody can put a finger on it. It's driving me nuts

Have you had them check the solenoid? It's supposed to engage when you have the parking break on. But it can make that noise when it isn't working properly. The pat is like $40 on amazon. May be the connectors. Have them look at that.