Air suspension fault

30

Asked by klk43 Jul 15, 2014 at 06:51 PM about the 2005 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L RWD

I have an 05 Jaguar XJ8 L that intermittently displays Air Suspension Fault.  My local
mechanic says he will scan the vehicle, but I am being told by the dealer that even if he
can scan for codes he won't be able to diagnose them.  Am I wasting time and money by
not taking the car to someone who specializes in European cars?  Any ideas on what is
causing the intermittent code?

195

Your air ride will more than likely go out. In summerville Georgia a place called chattooga car care can do better than the dealership at a fraction of the cost. Dealer wanted 6 grand to replace mine but i opted to get the conversion kit and took to the shop above which turns air ride off and converts to high end shocks and i got done for a little less than 2 grand mine is a 2004 xj8 by the way.

145

Go to Arnott and buy the after market shocks that are not air controlled. Then any shop can install that does good work. I did myself without a lift using a jack and stands in less than 2 hours.. Complete instructions on their webb site and they take back cores for a rebate!!

110

Did 2 grand include the cost of the "high end shocks" you mention? Did you do it on all 4 corners?

340

Does intermittent "Fault air suspension" after a short drive the alert goes away, could I just need a bit of air added or does it have 5o be replaced all together

60

the pump is behind the drivers side front wheel. it pumps it self....till it quits

90

What does it mean when the air compressor is replaced but the fault is signal is still on your dash 2004 jaguar xj8 Vandever plas

40

It means sir, that you were as dumb as I was for buying an English piece of crap Jaguar. At least this is what my wife keeps telling me. To conclude with the permanent fix, if you have good insurance and know a reasonably priced arsonist, problem solved. RB in Orlando

20

That actually made me laugh, because I’m a dumbass who bought an ‘07 Vanden Plas. And my front end air suspension just went out. Thank God I paid less than $6k for the vehicle.

30

I have the "left leaning" 2008 Jaguar Vanden Plas. I live in St. Simons Island, GA and during a previous internet search one of the recommendations was in Kingsland, GA. What do you know about this shop? Their price was 1300.00. Do you have any other recommendations west of north?

20

Decent air shocks for x358(2009 VDP) only cost $300max on Amazon, then go to the Arnott YouTube video with your teenager. It only takes 8 bolts to come off/install. For the compliments I get everywhere I go with this cat...totally worth it, plus I hate the new body styles.

25

Still throws Suspension Air faults message?